Mission and Values
Here is our mission: To strengthen social justice organizations through capacity building, peer learning, and field building.
Our unique approach to capacity building puts social justice values into practice by:
- Developing transparent and democratic institutions grounded in human rights and anti-oppression principles.
- Supporting the development of innovative, principled, inclusive and high-impact organizations, alliances, and movements to make long-term change.
- Fostering the leadership of individuals with lived experiences, fully embracing their insight and depth of knowledge to think systematically and generationally.
- Promoting healthy, sustainable organizational practices including building leadership at all levels.
- Embracing a spirit of experimentation, risk-taking and innovation, necessary to creating a new and better world.
- Maintaining high standards of accountability to the organizations we work with and the constituents and/or communities they serve.
- Actively nurturing the mind, body and spirit as a way of sustaining healthy individuals, organizations and movements.